Dear friends,
Some of you know about how I've considered returning to work at the orphanage in Romania for the summer, and I wanted to give you an update. First, however, I want to thank you all very much for your council and prayers concerning this huge decision.
Ever since I got back, I thought it would be great to return if it was in God's will. Come October, I became more serious about it and started praying to God about the possibility of returning as an individual and staying for a longer period of time (possibly over a month). I prayed about it and became sure that this was something that God wanted me to do. The orphanage had just been hit by a tornado, and they were going to need help repairing damges. Therefore, I contacted the office and asked Patti about it. She said that it would be great if I came and sent me an information packet.
As the months wore on, however, I became more uneasy. My schedule was becoming packed for the summer. Summit Ministries in Colorado was something that I had wanted to do for a long while but didn't get a chance to do last summer (due to my travels in Europe and my work at Camp Barnabas). Because of this, I realized that I may not get to spend as much time in Romania as I wanted, but there was something else that was bothering me. I just didn't feel right about it, so I talked with some of the leaders from my Church and asked them for prayer and council. The decision was tearing me apart, and so about two weeks ago I sat down and talked with God. I prayed that my will would be in accordance with God's and that my desires wouldn't get in the way.
After reading scripture and praying, it became clear to me. I realized that it may be God wants me to return to Romania, but not yet. I often forget that timing is such a huge part of God's plan, and I was so excited to return that I neglected to consider the timing. I called Patti, and she completely understood, agreeing that the timing had to be perfect. I'm very disappointed. I loved working there so much, and I really wanted to serve again very soon. On the other hand, I am much more at peace, and I feel confident knowing that I can use this summer to gain spiritual training at places like Summit and also to prepare for the possibility of returning next summer. Thank you all again, for your prayers, and I would like to bless you all with this verse from David.
Psalm 143: 10, Teach me to do your will, for you are my God! Let your good Spirit lead me on level ground!
Till the nets are full,
Isaac
No comments:
Post a Comment