Thursday, September 25, 2008

Wrapping up the Summit portion

Well, I'm almost finished with the Summit portion of my studies here. We've discussed Biblical prophecy, spiritual warfare, global warming, Islam, atheism, new spirituality, cults (a.k.a. pseudo-Christian religions) and the historical reliability of the Bible. I can't believe it's going by so quickly. I'll really miss seeing the Bywaters every day or so. I may make my class notes available online, though some I'll be retaining. There's probably some stuff that would be very confusing or misleading without the understanding of context. As we've been learning about scriptural interpretation, context is King.
We have one more day of Summit Worldviews, and after that we'll meet once a week to discuss worldviews, etc, so the Summit aspect isn't really ending. It's going to be a drawn out part of the program where we engage the culture and then discuss it in weekly meetings. I'm getting my tutorials coordinated soon. I'll be taking tutorials in British Literature (19th century fiction to be exact) which I'm excited about. I'll be studying Dickens and other authors. I will also have a tutorial in German to continue my education in my second language. I'm interested to see how well I learn in a tutorial setting there. I will also be taking rhetoric from Mr. Le May, who worked for Whinston Churchill as a speech writer during WWII. I'm truly blessed to be studying here.

Tomorrow we'll be reviewing what we've learned. We'll also be discussing a film we watched, V for Vendetta,which is a film oozing with worldview ideas and philosophies. I'll enjoy nitpicking that.
This weekend before term starts, some of us will be going up to Scotland. It should be terrific!

No comments: